Saturday, July 13, 2013

Off roading a 3 wheeled, 800lb 35hp monster

I had taken it in the sand with and without a monkey, in hard pack or wet it did fine, in dry or fluffy you needed to keep speed up. I bet the MT-16 (2WD) would do great! Gravel roads are great! I really think dirt and gravel is what these rigs are designed for, at least mine rides and drives great on them.
A guy I worked with rode the Nate Harrison road up the backside of Mt. Palomar here in SoCal, about 20 miles from me. He said its a nice kinda steep dirt and gravel road with trees, wildlife and all, sounded like a nice sunday drive.
Was really nice scenery..... The road was more trail! Broke the aux battery hold down the first time I got the rig to jump about 2 feet off the ground. I had to dodge rocks the size of  softballs, straddle ruts 2 feet deep, and large rocks that where actually part of the trail. Nice drive...... Anastasiya did very good, I didn't have to pickup lost parts all the way back down the mountain, I have done that far too many times in my life, its habit now. I really want a 2wd one now, I will be checking out if its cheaper to convert or just get a differant bike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment