Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I was warned

Before I purchase anything expensive I research it, and sometimes even change my mind. Early on I found many a review that didn't like the Russian and Chinese boxers, their NOT a BMW! Even on a Google+ community or 2 it didn't look like a good idea. I found the Russian Iron forum to be very helpful and Soviet Steeds forum somewhat less because their more into Urals. The forums did help calm my fears and show me what these bikes where made to do and what some people have actually done to them to make them better. I am experienced with classic cars and bikes a lot so I know old tech well. I am also a certified master tech on modern cars and a certified motorcycle mechanic. What was a plus was parts are surprisingly inexpensive and on eBay! I knew this bike had problems and knew I could fix it with enough information, time, patience, money ect. But would it be worth it? So far I can say a resounding YES!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment